Saturday, September 6, 2008

Plans for my reading room

We are working on finish our reading/ sitting room. Rick has given me artistic license to make the room as "foofy" as I want. Seeing as I tend to have foofy taste, and I have tried to keep the foof in our house at a minimum thus far, this makes me very happy.

A brief description:
The floor is a medium oak color laminate. Walls are a very pale sage green, with wainscoting in a darker sage. Trim is a creamy antique ivory color.

Only furniture we have in there for sure right now is a beautiful armoir that was give to me by our friends David & Chris. It's the only piece of Ethan Allen furniture I own! It looks pretty much like this (another Ethan Allen piece from the same collection)- except mine is not quite as wide, and the doors have mirrors.
Photobucket

We are moving the bookcase in there, which we are painting to match the armoir. It is about 5' wide, and 4' high.

I already have some ivory lace/ embroidered curtains that we are not using anymore, so in the interest of not spending money, I think I am using them in the reading room.


So now, I am deciding about light fixture, window treatment, rug, some sort of chair.
I would really like to have this chaise lounge but Jesus Lord it's ridiculous expensive ($500). I will mostly likely be getting something similar. That is not $500.
Photobucket

Here's what I am thinking for lamp, table, light fixture, & rug.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


I think it will be lovely! As you can see it will definately be a 'no pets allowed' room.
Photobucket

No comments:

Random Picture

Random Picture
Rick & Erin at the Biltmore House, Christmas '09