Sunday, August 24, 2008

Finally getting around to uploading vacation pix...

We had a fantastic time on our vacation. We visited my maternal grandmother & my aunts & uncles in Pittsburgh, PA.
We spent one day while we were thee at Kennywood, an amusement park in Pittsburgh. We got there when then opened just after 10am & pretty much shut the place down! We left just before 10:30. It was awesome!!! We almost had to cut the day short- we got almost 3 hours of on & off rain- COLD rain- but we toughed it out. We walked through some fun houses & played in the arcade & eventually the rain let up. We rode all the roller coasters 2-3 times and did as many rides as possible. Well except for the ones that SPIN. I will ride any roller coaster, no matter how scary looking. I will even to the sky coaster, where you free-fall from a tower that's 250 ft high. But spinning? Not for me! It makes me sick, bleh. I can't even ride the teacups at Disney World.

We spent alot of time with family, relaxing or hanging out. We have a great time with my aunts & uncles up there & we both wish we could see them more often.

I was especially excited that I got to bring home some of my great grandfather's artwork. I brought home a beautiful pencil sketch, and a watercolor painting he did of a WW I battle scene. He was a veteran of that war so it meant alot to me to be able to have it. I will take photos of them soon. There is a landscape painting that will be coming home with us eventually, when someone can drive up there. It's too large to put in a suitcase and it makes me really nervous to have it shipped. Sure, they can insure the package, but if they lose it, money can't replace it.

We also did a little touristy driving around town, and visited the Carnegie Museum of Natural History. The have a really awesome hall of dinosaurs, and a great Egyptian exhibit. If you enjoy museums and are ever in or near Pittsburgh, make sure you pay this museum a visit!

Oh and Rick got to see one of the cute groundhogs that have taken up residence in my grandma's backyard, and also one of the bunnies that like to eat the clover growing in the driveway.

It was so hard leaving though, because I knew it would probably be the last time I would be at my grandma's house.

All in all it was a great trip. It was nice to get away from stress, work, doctors, sickness, and sadness.

Here are some highlights! I will post the rest to my photobucket tomorrow.



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Random Picture

Random Picture
Rick & Erin at the Biltmore House, Christmas '09