Thursday, January 29, 2009

Today's update

Still doing pretty well here at home. I had more labs on Monday & this morning, and I see both my coordinator (Jennifer) and the doctor tomorrow. We are still trying to get my level of the immunosuppresant drug Prograf right. On today's labs, I was at 14, which is a little too high again. My creatanine was 1.5. That's up just a little bit (my last 2 readings were both 1.4) but it's a small increase, and Jennifer said she is almost 100% certain that it is from my Prograf being a little too high again. So, the creatanine is starting to level out, which is great.

I am doing a 24-hour urine collection right now... whatever you do, don't drink from the orange jug in my fridge... I have to turn the jug in tomorrow morning. I have to collect all my urine for 24 hours. It's super fun. They will be measuring my total amount of output to make sure I am peeing enough, and they will also be measuring the amount of protein I spill. Before the surgery, I was spilling ALOT of protein in my urine. On the sample I gave them this morning, Jennifer said there was just a tiny trace amount.

Ricky & Bruce (Rick's dad) put new rotors on my car today and they also changed the oil. Thanks guys!!! It's very useful to have handy menfolk around. I am good at many things, but other things, not so much. Rick is really handy- he can do almost any kind of home project. Tile, plumbing, minor electrical, carpentry, roofing, ALL our computer repairs (he does IT support at work)...you name it! He does most of the car repairs except for really major stuff. He doesn't like to think so, but he is very talented! He also helps me cook & clean! And, he does all the laundry! Sorry, ladies, he's taken!

Rick is planning a luau for my 30th b-day, which is looming right around the corner (Feb. 13). I am both looking forward to 30 and dreading it. We will see how I feel when the day comes... But the party is going to be great fun!

I also got a call from my grade-school gifted class teacher, Mary Summers! She had all three of us sisters over the years. Mrs. Summers is so awesome! She is probably the best teacher we ever had. It made me so happy to hear from her!

No comments:

Random Picture

Random Picture
Rick & Erin at the Biltmore House, Christmas '09